We are opening registration for Faith Formation for the 2022-23 school year!
We are eager to grow together in knowledge, friendship and service of the Lord. While parents are called by God to be the primary educators of their children in faith, we are pleased to offer these programs as a vital help.
Since the Lord Jesus calls us into a relationship of communion with Himself and with each other, we are striving to offer opportunities to experience the presence and goodness of the Lord together, to foster supportive friendships among our youth, and to develop each child’s knowledge of the Lord and His teachings. We cannot love what we do not know... and without support from others who believe, we are prone to weakness... so we come together to learn, to pray, and to love. Our schedule is found below, and the link below takes you to the online registration portal for all of these programs.
Middle School and High School
- Faith Formation for 6th – 11th grades will take place Wednesday evenings each week with a meal available at 6:00 p.m. and formation taking place 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- While last year we had to rotate weeks due to a lack of volunteers for Middle School and High School grades, at this time we are able to offer formation weekly for all grades.
- Other events such as day trips and bonfires will be posted as they are scheduled.
- For Confirmation, please take note of the requirements outlined in the registration process. Attendance at a Confirmation retreat is required by our diocese and the two options are October 14-16, 2022 and March 24-26, 2023.
- Sunday School for grades K - 5 will take place per the schedule below.
- For First Confession/First Communion prep, please make note of the dates for the parent meeting in the Fall, the bread-making retreat in the spring, as well as the sacramental celebrations themselves. These Sacramental Preparation events are held for participants from both Sunday School and Assumption Catholic School.
I invite you to regularly intercede, offering a Rosary each week, for the blessing and protection of all of our children, families, and leaders. We need to take up the weapons of prayer in this ever-challenging world in order to fend off the temptations of the Evil One and soften our hearts to the way of the Lord. The Lord loves us and holds us close but asks us to do our part. Thank you and
God bless you!
Fr. Daniel Weiske